Well, the time has come for use to make another move. This time we are moving to the Chicago area. With the addition of the peanut, it was time to be closer to my family. We have absolutely loved our time here in the Triangle and especially the food scene. In the four years we have lived here were have developed many favorite places and we have been trying to visit as many as we can before we head out. The spots we are making a priority to get back to are (in no particular order):
- Vimala’s Curryblossom Café: We love Vimala and her food! The food is wonderful and it feels like you are visiting a neighbor’s house when you stop in. We are going to miss her warm, generous nature!
- Mediterranean Deli: Love the gyro and creamy hummus.
- Gourmet Kingdom: Wonderfully spicy Schezuan dishes.
- Beasley’s Chicken and Honey: Perfect southern fried chicken.
- Dos Perros: All around great Mexican food.
- Six Plates: Nice wine bar with excellent food.
- Glasshalfull: A nice alfresco dining space with great small plates. And it will always hold a special place in our hearts as it was our first dinner in town!
- Lantern: Beautiful local food prepared perfectly and inspired by the flavors of Asia!
While these are some of the places we will miss it is not a comprehensive list. If I could I would also return to Yamazushi for another superbly elegant meal! This area is full of so many wonderful dining options! But, we will also miss some things which are really unique to the area such as the causal beer at Fullsteam Brewery, a gourmet popsicle at Locopops, farms dinners at the farm, and the food trucks!
Mostly, I will also miss the wonderful community around the food in this area. I have made some good friends through the food scene here that I know I will not be able to do in a big city. But, I do look forward to exploring the eats of one of the country’s top food cities!